Specialized IN A RARE MEDICAL Field
The lymphoedema is a chronic disease, which generally progresses without appropriate treatment. With the disorder causing functional impairments and a loss of strength in the arms or legs, the patient is threatened by a permanent disability and may potentially face difficulties in private and working life. In extreme cases, the disease may even result in a loss of autonomy.
We are one of the few clinics in Baden-Württemberg licensed by the “Deutsche Rentenversicherung” to provide lymphoedema treatments. Generally, we can treat all oedema diseases. Feel free to contact us for further information, or if your specific condition is not mentioned below.
- Caused by congenital malformations of the lymph vessels.
- Hereditary diseases and syndromas like Hennekam Syndrome and others
- Limbs, breast, head/neck, genitalia secondary lymphoedema caused by cancer treatments or a progressive cancerous disease
- Lymphedema caused by severe obesity.
- Complex vascular malformations with associated lymphedema.
- Malformation of the lymph vessels of the inner organs with chylous effusions in the thorax and abdomen
- Post-thrombotic syndrome with or without open wounds.
- Phlebolymphedema with varicose veins. Edema associated with rheumatic/orthopedic/neurological diseases and complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS).
- Chronic multicausal lymphedema
- Cyclic-idiopathic edema
- Fluid retention syndrome
- Improvement of the oedema-related symptoms
- Relief/Healing of the lymphatic congestion
- Softening of hard fibrotic tissue
- Enhancement of the function of the affected limb
- Prevention of erysipelas infections and other complications
- Prescription of made-to-measure compression garments before discharge
- Control of the good fit of the compression stockings before discharge
Our treatments are aligned with the latest scientific evidence and comply with the commonly recognised “Complex Physical Decongestion Therapy, CPD” guidelines.
THREE PILLARS OF STAGE I OF THE INPATIENT DECONGESTIVE THERAPY I are:
- daily manual lymphatic drainage
- daily compression therapy (compression stockings or bandages)
- daily supportive decongestive exercise
ADDITIONAL CARE TO SUPPORT :
Lymphological kinesiology taping, mechanical decongestive therapy with the 24-chamber pressure device, cycle ergometer exercise, running belt training, guided walking and aqua excercise
INFORMATION AND EDUCATION
Our oedema patients get information about the causes, diagnosis, therapy and evolution of the disease. Education is also essential to favour a competent participation in the subsequent outpatient consolidation treatment (stage II) in compliance with the applicable therapeutic guidelines.
OUR EXPERIENCED MULTIDISCIPLINARY TEAM is there for you
With our expertise in the field of lymphology, oncology, rehabilitation and social medicine, we have been guaranteeing the high quality of medical care for lymphological patients at the St. Georg Clinics since many years.
As part of the holistic care, our specialist expertise, experienced lymphatic drainage therapists and our team of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers, psychologists, nutritionists and our medical nursing staff are at your disposal
A FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION: HOW CAN I BENEFIT FROM A LYMPHOEDEMA TREATMENT?
Generally, the application is compiled by the family doctor or, if rehabilitation is needed, by the “Social Office” of the hospital which provides the acute medical care.
Hereby, it is very important that the application cites “lymphoedema” as primary diagnosis. Potential cost bearers are the “German State Pension Fund”, a public or private health insurance or any welfare allowance office.
Furthermore, we offer “Lymphology Packages” for self-payers upon or without prescription.